Saturday, May 8, 2010

Scowl and Groan

     I enjoy making up phrases. Talking in the old ways is just so sophisticated, it reminds me of my Southern roots (none). We sure did put out a printin' press o' sayins on Stop Day, the Friday before finals when all studying stops, and barbecuing begins. We cooked up somethin' fierce, all to the tune of a little Old Crow Medicine Show, a good and hootin' ol' folk band.
     I started studying for finals today, it wasn't too promising, but I did a number on the books indeed. It's so disheartening, studying. It's such beautiful weather all around us, yet majors like mine are confined to the confines of dark and dusty study escapes. It's alright though, I paid my respects enough to nature. Proctor and I also paid our respects on Friday to our little 'uns that we've been raising under our tender wing at the elementary school. It's so sad to see those kids go (mass exodus of tears). Helping volunteer only strengthened my resolve that teachers should be paid more, and that it is indeed an effective form of contraception. That's all I've got for now, it's time to turn to the sheets.

1 comment:

Sara said...

"Mass exodus of tears"
PAHAHA You are hilarious! :D