Saturday, June 26, 2010

I've told you once

So much going on, so little I have wrote.

Of late, I have been working away in the fields filled with the tender and loving thistle plant, who by now I am completely sure will be my soulmate. Alas, all good things must come to an end, and ended indeed was the life of the thistle plant on all of the pasture land that we roamed. I might even go as far to say that I'll miss it. Ok, I won't go that far, that'd be quite a venture. No, it was the great company for this past week and a half that has made it such a pleasure, and a delight of course. It taught me hard work, sweat, blood in some cases (it's not like your everyday pasture doesn't come with jungle cats y'all!), and tears (of joy, at seeing more thistle in the distance). I noticed an ad on craigslist for help with thistle nearby, and I most certainly picked that up, for I must continue my thistle streak.
On another note, cleaning has engulfed my life. Is it sad that I completely washed and waxed my dad's car merely because I was annoyed at all of the bugs on the front bumper? Yeah, a great 3-hour time waster. But in the process, I talked to my neighbor who just so happens to be somewhat famous and I was led on another adventure in history to Gordon Parks, who if you don't know, directed Shaft among many other things. It's amazing what one event will lead to. I know this doesn't make much sense at all, but it's quite a hoot in my mind! I'll quit bothering you for now, I'm going to go wash my car, because that seems to be the most interesting thing I could possibly do on a Saturday! Stay warm!

No comments: